16:30 - 17:30
The IoT ecosystem and open source
* Current state of the IoT software landscape (open vs. closed)
* Common misperceptions about building a business on open source
* Upsides and downsides of open source for building a business
* Market realities: chances, obstacles and the community conundrum: Open Source business = protecting the IP?
* Open Ssource business models and why they work – and don’t
* Licenses / IP (types, trade-offs, and fundability)
* Freemium SaaS: Why Mongo’s SPSS and Common Clause were necessary developments
Questions for the audience/room for discussion at the end:
* Do you use open source software in your IoT projects? Why? Why not?
* Do you contribute to open source software in IoT? Why? Why not?
* Are your IoT solutions open source? Why? Why not?